Sunday, February 17, 2008

Soap Box 2

I consider myself open minded to the way people think and why they may think that way. I try to look without judgment and realize people do what they know, and sometimes what they know doesn't make sense to me, but that doesn't matter it makes sense to them. If someone doesn't know better they usually don't do better. Loving unconditional (myself and others) regardless of action or behavior is my forever never ending life time goal, and I am not even close to being where I want to be. I truly believe kindness can heal many hurts that ail this world. Meanness seems to be the "thing" lately. Sarcasm at someone else's expense is widely and readily accepted. Just turn on the TV. We are constantly being attacked by words and I am not sure we really even notice. So what I am having such a hard time understanding is why are we letting this happen? Why do children have to go to school and not only hear put downs from peers but from their educated more mature teachers also? I guess harsh words and sarcasm can only be expected from a society that deems it acceptable and in some ways cool. And when it's modeled so blatantly by adults and role models it seems like it's just the natural progression to really bad energy permeating throughout this universe, the same universe that we are supposed to care for, the universe AND the people in it. I am constantly falling into the lie that gossiping about others, using sarcasm, rudeness or judgment is better than just being authentic and expressing the true emotion we feel toward a specific person or event. Not having TV has helped some but I don't want to do that anymore ever. Words are powerful. They can be used to hurt or help. There is enough pain in this world why keep contributing? I would like to help.

0 comments: