Thursday, March 5, 2009

Now What!

Look what happened about a month ago. I thought that if I didn't mention IT or blog about IT, IT wouldn't really be happening.


Yes, that is Ashalee in the drivers seat, and yes she is actually driving.
We went down the the DMV to get her learners permit about a month ago and I honestly must say it was the first test she has taken that I prayed she would fail. But, she came through and passed with flying colors. What I want to know is how did she go from this...


To this....



Then like one of those magic sponge things that grow when you add water, to this....


This is one of Ashy's typical 15 year old "take your own picture to put on my space" but it's what we agreed on and sadly she said no to any embarrassing bathtub pictures(when she was young of course). So what happened? I love every stage of her life but I can't figure out what stage I missed to get to this point so quickly. Did I miss something? I don't think I did, but it doesn't feel like it's been fifteen years! Ash is really happy about this new turn of events and I am genuinely happy for her. I am just sad for me. Selfish as it may be five turns into ten, ten turns into twelve, twelve turns into fifteen, fifteen turns into adult...and the very unforgiving clock continues forward, never leaving time for us to breathe. I've done the math a hundred times their is no equation to stop or turn back time. It just keeps marching forward like a out of control, speeding mack truck with no brakes to give us rest. Maybe it's a almost mid life crisis, but as I am sitting here thinking of how much I miss the three month, one year, five year, twelve year, fourteen year old Ashalee, I am so thrilled to be able to hang out with the fifteen year old Ash. And coming sooner than later the twenty year, thirty and forty year old Ashalee. I have the kindest, bravest, and the most beautifully bold daughter, and any way she allows me to share her life no matter the age, I will consider it a privilege. And while I am at it, how did these cute children.....


So quickly morph into these most awesome kids in the world?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela,

I had one of those moments just recently too. My Keshley got her permit in December and all of a sudden I could not believe how much she has grown into a teenager, and to now have 2 teenagers. . . ahhhh!

(I am usually signed in to blogger and can't figure out my password, so I have to sign anonymously).

Anonymous said...

BTW, I did not even sign my name on my anonymous comment! Duh! It's me Brenda Roundy

gmag1212 said...

Angela,

This is so beautiful and well said. It is amazing how fast the grow up. Zach got his "real license this week and Steph will be going to boot camp in July. Dang I can't believe it. And baby Nick will go to Kindergarten this year. Sniff Sniff Love you

Ashalee said...

you know i do have better "myspace" pictures.